Congregations of all sizes can partner with Habitat for Humanity in a variety of ways. That partnership works best when we can help your church carry out its goals for ministry.
Volunteering on the job site and on committees is one way to help. Another way is to raise awareness of the need for adequate housing.
What is God calling your church to do? Consider these possibilities:
- Without the continuing prayers of millions of people, Habitat’s work could not continue.
Become a partner in the 2015 Interfaith Project
- Visit the webpage for more details.
Support Habitat financially
- Encourage your congregation to include Habitat for Humanity in its mission work.
- Make regular donations to Mon County Habitat for Humanity or collect special Habitat for Humanity offerings.
- Provide in-kind goods and services. (For example, a plumber in your congregation might volunteer to do the plumbing work on a Habitat house.)
- Raise funds to build all or part of a house. A congregation may sponsor a house individually or join with another congregation to raise the money and build a house together.
- Tithe. Set aside one-tenth of regular donations for local Habitat projects.
- Make an online donation to Mon County Habitat for Humanity.
- Build strength and unity within your congregation as you work toward the common goal of helping others.
- Organize volunteers for a house that your congregation funds or helps fund.
- Join volunteer teams who are working on special church builds around the world.
- Serve on our Faith Relations or other committees. Individuals are always needed to help with acquiring land, finding and selecting qualified homeowner applicants, nurturing family partners, recruiting church support and more.
Engage your community
- Continue to be a voice for those in need even after construction is complete.
- Host speakers on housing issues to raise awareness of the need for decent housing.
- Make the commitment to become advocates for housing. Write letters to editors and speak out about positive experiences your church has had building houses. Communicate with legislators and other community services groups.
- Bring the Habitat message to children by using the tools available to youth leaders on Habitat International’s Youth Programs site.